Adult (15+) Introductory
This introductory canoe/kayak program is designed for youth 15+ and adults. Participants will be introduced to recreational paddling learning basic strokes, safety skills and boat care.
All necessary equipment, including boat, paddle and mandatory Canada-approved PFD will be provided.
At the completion of the program, participants may choose to enroll in a subsequent introductory program or join the Coached Masters training group.
CALENDAR MONTH FEE
Program sessions are offered monthly, running one day a week for the months of June, July and August
Sundays – 9-11 am
Wednesdays – 6:30-8:30 pm
- Please note that while the 2 hours sessions are mostly on the water, this includes the time to take out and put away equipment and some on-land instructions, especially in the first session.
- This course will have participants paddling in canoes and kayaks almost immediately and by course end, equip adults with the necessary skills to paddle confidently in a recreational setting.
- All lessons take place on Lake Wilcox and are taught with a focus on safety, skill development and fun.
- Instructors are CanoeKayak Canada CKC certified and adhere to a 1:8 instructor to participant ratio.
- Minimum swim ability required