Advanced program is designed for experienced youth paddlers who want to learn to race and compete in singles (K1, C1), doubles (K2, C2), fours (K4, C4), and War Canoe (C15). Team boats will only be introduced once COVID restrictions are lifted. The Advanced group will typically participate in about 6 Regattas per season culminating in the Western Ontario Division (WOD) Championships and Provincial Championships (qualification necessary).
Summer Session FEE
Regatta and race entry fees are invoiced at the end of the racing season.
- On-water instruction and training
- Social activities
- Dry land, ergometer, and cross training (winter months)
- There are 8 practices per week, May to October
- There may be additional team boat practices in the summer – these will be determined by the Head Coach according to pairings and paddler availability
- This group is coached by the Head Coach
- All team boat paddler assignments are determined by the Head Coach
- Regatta participation is encouraged. The schedule is circulated at the beginning of each season.
- NOTE: There is a 2- week break from training after Nationals in late August.