COMPETITIVE PROGRAM U14
Once Racing Development athletes can balance a tippier racing boat, they can move up to Competitive Program. This group is designer for athletes under 14 years of age and led by an Assistant Coach for the on-water paddling season. Group will typically participate in 4-6 interclub Regattas. More experienced and/or older members of this group may qualify for the Western Ontario Division Championship.
Spring and fall:
Mon/Wed/Fri 5:30pm – 7:00 pm
Saturday 11:30am – 1:00 pm
July & August:
Monday – Friday 9:30am – 12:00 pm
Regatta and race entry fees are invoiced at the end of the racing season.
- 4 sessions per week in spring and fall
- 5 sessions per week in summer
- On-water instruction and training (May to October, weather dependent)
- Winter Dry-land training with Ergometer (November to April)
- There may be additional team boat practices in the summer – these will be determined by the Head Coach according to pairings and paddler availability and COVID restriction levels
- This group is coached by an Assistant Coach
- All team boat paddler assignments are determined by the Head Coach
- NOTE: There is a 2- week break from training after Nationals in late August.