High PERFORMANCE PROGRAM
The High Performance program is available to experienced athletes 17+ that have been selected by the Head Coach based on their commitment, drive, ability and performance.
Athletes will compete in their age category in local regattas as well as Provincial and National Championships. High Performance athletes will also have the opportunity to race at the Ontario and National Team Trials throughout the season.
The program includes intensive work with the Head Coach to develop – and long-term goals. Athletes will be involved in a competitive group dynamic where they can push each other to be their best.
- High Performance training consists of 9-10 training sessions per week
- Weight, ergometer and dry-land training through the winter months
- Swimming/ Spinning / Paddle Pool in winter
- Technical advice from the Head Coach
- Social activities
- Video analysis
- The facility and equipment will be available five days a week, at times designated by the Head Coach. Athletes involved in the High Performance program will be expected to attend all practices and training camps as required by the Head Coach.
- On-water training typically starts at the end of April and continues into October (weather permitted)
- There may be additional group boat practices in the summer – these will be determined by Head Coach according to pairings and paddler availability and COVID restriction levels
- Regattas participation is mandatory – extenuating circumstances (injury/illness) will be considered
NOTE: There is a 2-week break from training after Nationals in late August.