Once Racing Development athletes can balance a tippier racing boat, they can move up to Intermediate Program. The group is led by an Assistant Coach for the on-water paddling season. The Intermediate group will typically participate in 4-6 Regattas. More experienced and/or older members of this group may qualify for the Western Ontario Division Championship.
- On-water instruction and training (May to Ocotber, weather dependent)
- Winter Dry-land training with Ergometer (November to April)
- There may be additional team boat practices in the summer – these will be determined by the Head Coach according to pairings and paddler availability
- This group is coached by an Assistant Coach
- All team boat paddler assignments are determined by the Head Coach
NOTE: There is a 2-3 week break from training after Nationals in late August.
On-water training starts in May and continues through September (early October).
Winter session is October to April.