RACE READY - Racing development U12
RACE READY U12 RACING DEVELOPMENT (RD) (returning paddlers)
RACE ready U12 Racing Development (RD) returning paddlers is for our RACE ready U12 athletes (11-12 year-old athletes ready to be competitive paddlers). These athletes have experienced paddling with the club before and will continue to develop their paddling skills and take part in some inter-club regattas.
INTRO TO RACE READY U12 RACING DEVELOPMENT (RD) (new paddlers)
Intro to RACE ready U12 Racing Development (RD) is for U12 athletes who are new to competitive paddling but would like to be part of our competitive season (11-12 year-old athletes ramping up for our RACE ready program). These athletes have not yet experienced competitive paddling with the club and will start to develop their sprint paddling skills in the spring, so they are ready to join our regular RACE ready RD U12 group for the summer. They will take part in some inter-club regattas.
RD is a continuation of our FUNdamentals stage where we emphasize the overall development of a child’s physical capacities, fundamental movement skills including agility, balance, coordination and speed.
All RHCC programs require swimming ability: Lifesaving Society Swim Levels Swimmer 5 or Red Cross Level 6.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Participants will learn to paddle singles (Kl, Cl), and, if there are no COVID restrictions, doubles (K2, C2), fours (K4, C4), and War Canoe (ClS)
- Athletes will begin to take part in some inter-club regattas. (Le.- Welland, ON)
- The Head Coach will determine when paddlers are ready to join higher skilled groups
- There will be ongoing evaluations of skill level throughout the program
- Consists of on and off water practices (running shoes required)
- All RHCC programs are led by qualified coaches.
- All programs will have a two-week vacation from August 22 to September 5
- Athletes are encouraged to continue with dryland training in the winter program which includes swimming, cross country skiing and strength & conditioning session
May 1 – October 29
4:00 – 6:00pm
11:00 – 12:30pm
Mon – Fri
9:30am – 1:00pm
May 19 – October 14
5:30 – 7:00pm
11:00am – 12:30pm
9:30am – 1:00pm