CANOE KIDS SUMMER CAMP
Our Canoe Kids program is designed to introduce kids aged 8-13 years to the
sport of flat water paddling. Guided by our coaching staff, children learn basic
skills and fundamental movements in a safe, fun and dynamic learning
In addition to on-water activities, campers will also be engaged
in a variety of traditional camp activities, games, crafts and swimming at the
nearby Oak Ridges Community Centre. All on-water instruction will be led by
coaches with accreditation through Canoe Kayak Canada (CKC).
All campers must meet the following minimum swim requirement:
Please provide your information below to receive notification for 2020 Summer Camp
A DAY AT CAMP
During a typical day, campers can expect to participate in two sessions of on-water instruction and activities. The day will also include other camp activities on land. Although not reflected in this typical daily schedule, campers will participate in swimming activities at the Oak Ridges Community Centre once weekly. Keeping in mind the safety of our campers, daily schedules and routines will change to accommodate weather conditions.
7:00 to 9:00 Before care
8:45 to 9:00 Camper drop-off
9:00 to 9:30 Camp welcome, team building and warm-up
9:30 to 11:30 On-water instruction and activities
11:30 to 1:30 Lunch and various camp activities
1:30 to 3:30 On-water instruction and activities
3:30 to 4:00 Snack and clean up
4:00 to 4:15 Camper pick-up
4:00 to 6:00 After care
Full Day – $350.00
Half Day – $200.00
Before and After care is available.
Please check our detailed Schedule and Fees below.
SCHEDULE AND FEES
June 29-July 3
Before and After care
Before & After 7-9am & 4-6pm $130/ week
Before 7-9am $80/week
After 4-6 pm $80/week
Daily rate either before or after $20/day
PAYMENT AND REFUND POLICY
Payment of fees:
- We will confirm your registration once the completed form (including receipt of proof of swim requirement) and full payment have been received. Confirmation of your place in a program is dependent on space availability at the time that your registration has been completed.
- Payment can be made via e-transfer to: email@example.com (password will be provided) or by mailing a cheque to: Richmond Hill Canoe Club, PO Box 2054 Station B, Richmond Hill, ON, L4E 1A3
- All cancellation/refund requests must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refund requests will take up to 2 weeks.
- For cancellations received within 7 days of the start of camp or once the camp has started: NO REFUND will be issued.
- For cancellations received 8-14 days before the start of camp, a refund of 50% will be issued.
- For all other cancellations, a refund will be issued less a $50 administration fee.
- Requests to transfer to an alternative week of camp will be honoured if there is space in the replacement week. A $25 fee will be charged for transfer requests received with less than 7 days’ notice.
More than 2 weeks before camp start
8-14 Days Prior
1-7 Days Prior
Refund less $50 administrative fee